Customs/ how to order
I’m sorry; I cannot take orders as they come, or keep a list, due to the volume of requests I get. My workload is typically quite heavy but currently there are three ways to purchase RSE pottery. You can purchase items at a local show (see schedule); at Etsy; or you can snag a spot on my custom orders list or during special preorders which are announced on my blog and on facebook.
I periodically open up for large batches of custom orders; usually about 2-3 times a year. To be notified when I do this, please sign up for my newsletter below. I cannot accommodate all requests, but must draw names lottery style when I do these batches of custom orders, in order to keep them to a few hundred pieces at a time.
You will not receive anything from me until I send out the customs notification, and a couple of newsletters after that to let you know what to expect while I am working on them. I don’t keep customers updated individually, but I am happy to answer emails if you are wondering how your order is coming along!
Unsubscribing is easy once you no longer need this notification.
I am not taking orders at this time, but I hope to in late Spring.
Here is the last newsletter:
RSE Newsletter- 2012 Holiday Orders!
Rising Sun Earthworks has had a year full of changes, but it has been a good one. I hope your year has been a good one as well!
I will be changing things up during this round of orders- this time I will put NO LIMIT on the number of items per order! Once again, if I get more orders than I can fill in 6-8 weeks, I will need to draw names lottery style again. I can’t tell you how many names I will draw- just that I will draw names one by one, adding each order until I have a full schedule for the holiday season. I will not pick and choose based on the size of orders so please don’t feel that your order is too big or too small- it will be randomly chosen.
- Timeline: I will answer any questions you have starting now until I am closed for customs (I will be away at a show September 29-30 so I appreciate your patience if I do not answer right away during this time). I will accept orders from Monday, September 24 until Sunday, September 30. I will not accept anything later than this date. Please Do Not Make Changes After Placing Your Order! I guarantee I won’t be able to keep them straight . On Monday, October 1, I will draw names.
- To place your order/entry into the lottery, send an email to :: June [at] Risingsunearthworks [dot] com :: with:
1. Your name:
2. Zip Code or country:
3. Email address:
4. Paypal address:
5. List of items desired (as many as you like this time!), followed by glaze color and if you would like any graphics or writing on them (graphics and writing are all done by hand, with a brush). Please refer to the catalog page on my website for items, glazes and prices. If there is an asterisk (*) next to the item, this means I can put graphics on it. Also if there is anything I have made in the past that is not in the catalog, please send me a link to a photo of said item (I may not recall making it otherwise), and I can give you a price quote or more information.
Take your time- you have a few days to decide! This is not first-come, first serve- it will be a lottery style drawing of names. Please feel free to email with questions. I will let you know if I have received your order, as it comes in.
- On Monday, October 1, I will draw names and notify the winners. I will draw names one at a time, adding orders to my working list until it is full for 6-8 weeks. If you do not hear from me, your name was not drawn in this round. When I notify you, I will let you know what your payment will be (not including shipping). You will have through Monday, October 8 to send payment. If I do not receive payment by the end of the day on October 8, I will cancel your order and draw another name. I will continue this process if necessary until my schedule has been filled.
- I will begin working on orders as soon as I receive payment for them, and plan to have all orders completed by early December. When your order is complete you will simply receive a paypal invoice for shipping due. Once that is paid, I will ship your order. If your email address is different than your paypal address, I will also try to email you at that time to let you know a paypal invoice was sent. IF PAYMENT FOR SHIPPING IS NOT RECEIVED by December 25, you will forfeit your order and payment.
And hey- if your name is not drawn for customs, and you can’t seem to snag any RSE products when they go up for sale, and you’re feeling sad and unloved, please check out my blog for news of upcoming coops, group buys and preorders. I also have an etsy shop that I will be stocking more heavily starting in December. Also in my blog is a schedule of shows where you can see and purchase most of the items in my catalog.
Thanks to all of you!
June at RSE