I want to extend a tearful and heartfelt thank you to all my amazing customers, friends, family and congomates!
…wow- sounds kinda like I won an oscar.
These people have been so very patient, kind and considerate during the past 5 months. Yes, 5 months! That is how long it took me to get through the last batch of orders I received the first week of October. There were a total of 99 orders and 574+ pieces of pottery made during this time.
My customers, especially the ones during the last phase of orders, have been more than patient with my glaze problems, supplier problems, and looooong wait time.
My friends have put up with me talking about nothing but potting, throwing, potting, glazing, potting. And my “no I can’t- I have to work.” and “sorry, I’m too tired.”
My family has put up with bad food; fast food, breakfast-for-dinner and frozen pizza; they have tolerated the increasingly dirty house, no clean clothes, and my foul moods when things did not go right in the dungeon o’ clay.
And my congomates have put up with more bellyaching about workload and my failure to stock the store every week!
Thanks so much to all of you, but most importantly, my customers, who make me feel loved, important, and valued for being something other than mom/housewife. It means a lot to me!
I learned a few things, too.
1. I don’t do very well with a very large workload. I’ll need to limit my future customs lists to 20-25% of what I took on in October, to avoid burnout, mistakes, and stress.
2. Glazes are not reliable and I must add something to that effect to my catalog.
3. Roombas are amazing things.
4. I can’t count on supplies being available the second I need them. Plan ahead. Weeks ahead, even.
5. I listen to a lot of books on tape while working. Iris Johansen uses the phrase “she moistened her lips” far too much. Enough to make me cringe every time I hear it. And Robin Cook’s characters speak like they are made of wood. Sorry fans, but it had to be said.
6. A studio buddy makes work much more enjoyable:
7. And most importantly, I have the BEST CUSTOMERS EVER!!! I love you all! Thank you so much!
P.S. No customs for a few weeks while I take a much needed break!